SECTION 1: [NAME]The name of this organization shall officially be designated as, "THE SOCIETY OF THE ASTRAL STAR, INC."
SECTION 2: [LEGAL NAME & STATUS]This society shall be represented legally as, "The Society Of The Astral Star, Inc.," and shall also be known as, "The Society of The Astral Star (In The Outer)" and as "The Order of The Star of Bethlehem (In The Inner)." A more discriptive name shall be written in full as, "The Society of The Astral Star, Inc.: An Organization of High Ceremonial Christian Magicians and Mystics".
The Society shall be incorporated as a non-profit, non-stock, corporation under the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and under the laws of the federal government of the United States of America, as specified in the Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS 273.163 to 273.387) and the United States Code (USC Chapter 3, 501 [c]  and Chapter 4, 501 [c]  & ).
SECTION 3: [PURPOSES]This Society shall be listed as a voluntary association established for religious, fraternal, educational, and charitable purposes, as specified by the Constitution of the Society, and the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The Society of the Astral Star, Inc., shall be regarded as a separate and distinct Ecclesiastical Body, i.e. a Church, and as a Fraternal Order, commonly called, "The Order of The Star Of Bethlehem," and shall be operated under a Lodge System with a ritualistic working as defined in KRS 304.29-020.
The Society of the Astral Star, Inc. shall not be considered a fraternal benefit society due to the fact that no death insurance, nor any other insurance shall be issued to it's members of any degree. All lawful and common activities of churches and fraternal orders shall be transacted.
SECTION 4: [PROVISIONS]TThe Society shall set forth further guidelines in this Constitution with regards to the regulations of the internal affairs and administrative operations of the general Order. We further provide that should this organization dissolve we shall have all of our collected capital assets liquidated and distributed (less whatever revenue is needed to fulfill financial obligations to the Society's creditors) as follows:
PARAGRAPH A: [MONETARY SUMS]
In the event of the Society of The Astral Star's dissolution, all monetary sums from the Society's Treasury, including bank accounts, shall be distributed to the following organizations:
1) Seventy percent (70%) of all funds shall be sent to: The Francis Israel Regardie Foundation of Tempe, AZ, to be added to the general endowment fund for which said foundation was lawfully formed; and
2) Thirty percent (30%) shall be distributed to The American Society for Psychic Research (A.S.P.R.) of New York, NY, to be added to the general endowment fund to assist in the research and lawful purposes for which said society was formed.
PARAGRAPH B: [ARTIFACTS, REGALIA, LIBRARY, ETC.]
In the event of the Society of The Astral Star's dissolution, all religious and ritual implements, rites, official papers, library, etc., owned by the General Order shall be divided amongst it's members, and anything not so divided to be donated to the Francis Israel Regardie Foundation of Tempe, AZ.
SECTION 5: [CORPORATION INITIAL REGISTERED AGENT]The initial registered agent for this, The Society Of The Astral Star, Inc., shall be the Supreme Cardinal Archon, The Chief Adept and President: GHFr. Pneuma Asteros Bethlehem, of Georgetown, Scott County, Kentucky.
SECTION 6: [OFFICIAL MAILING ADDRESS OF THE SOCIETY]
The principle mailing address of The Society Of The Astral Star, Inc., shall be: The Society Of The Astral Star, P.O. Box 1482, Georgetown, KY, 40324-1482, USA.
[***Note: The Order of The Astral Star maintained the address of P.O. Box 5066, Georgetown, KY, 40324, from the period of 1987 through c. Jul. 1999. The change of address was required by the local post office after Georgetown KY's new post office facility was built and opened requiring all satellite P.O. Box facilities closed down for administrative reasons.]
SECTION 7: [BOARD OF DIRECTORS; CHIEF AND PRINCIPLE OFFICERS]
1) Directors shall be composed of all persons that hold the ordained rank of Cardinal. There shall be three persons elected to the rank of Cardinal Archon. These three persons, shall serve as the principle members of the Board of Directors and shall also serve as the three chief officers of the Society; President, Vice-President, and Chancellor. The three Cardinal Archons shall be elected by the General Membership for five year terms. However, every year at the annual meeting of the Board of Directors, on or near the Vernal Equinox, a confidence vote may be requested and taken by The General Synod on behalf of the entire Society's Membership at large. If a Director receives a vote of less than fifty-one (51%) percent or the members confidence, then the General Synod may choose to replace that director, by calling for a special election of the general membership in an attempt to replace that director. A Cardinal archon receiving a no confidence vote may opt to run for re-election to retain his/her office.
2) It shall be possible for other members to be elected to the Board of Directors by being voted and ordained by the General Synod to the rank of Cardinal, and regarded as a Vice-Chancellor regarding Office. Such Cardinals shall be known as Cardinal Procurators. Such Cardinals serve as Vice-Chancellors, and assist the Chancellor by governing a territory, such as a number of states. A Vice-Chancellor/Cardinal Procurator shall serve for life or until he/she resigns. The ten founding members of the Order of the Astral Star shall be vested with the rank of Cardinal from the outset.
There may be other officers for the Society of The Astral Star, Inc., appointed by the Board of Directors. These officers, when combined with the Board of Directors shall consist of/and be considered the Executive Council of/for The General Synod of the Society Of The Astral Star, Inc. In addition to the Officers that consist the Board of Directors, including: The President, The Vice-President, The Chancellor, possibly a number of Vice-Chancellors; there may be appointed additional general administrative officers including: a Secretary, a Treasurer, a Reporter, a Historian, a Librarian, a Parliamentarian, a Chaplain, a Vizier/Chief Elder, and a Marshal. Non-Cardinal officers shall each serve a two year term. No person shall hold more than one office consecutively. Powers, duties, and qualifications shall be stated in Article IV of this Constitution.
SECTION 8: [POWERS OF DIRECTORS]The Directors shall have the following powers in accordance with this chapter, and/or applicable law:
With the consent in writing, and pursuant to a vote of the members of the Executive Council and/or The General Synod, shall have the authority to dispose, in any manner, the whole property of the Order as a corporate society;
3) The Constitution and GOARs (By-Laws), shall determine whether and to what extent the accounts and books of the Society shall be open to the inspection of the general public. All members of the Society shall be given the right to inspect any account, or book, or document of this Society at a regular session or by making special arrangements for said purpose;
4) The Directors, Officers, and Members shall have the power to hold their meetings and keep the books, documents, and papers of the Order outside of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, at such places as may be from time to time designated by the By-Laws or by a Resolution of the General Synod, or the Executive Council, except as otherwise required by the Laws of the Commonwealth Of Kentucky;
5) It is the intention that the objects, purposes, principles, and powers specified in Section #3 hereof shall, except where otherwise specified in said Section, be nowise limited or restricted by reference to or inference from the terms of any other clause, section, or paragraph in this Article, but that the objects, purposes, principles, and powers specified in Section #3 and in each of the clauses or paragraphs of this charter shall be regarded as independent objects, purposes, and powers. Other objects, principles, purposes, and powers shall be stated in Article II of the Societyıs Constitution.
SECTION 9: [ORIGINAL INCORPORATING DIRECTORS OF THE ORDER]
The official, originating incorporating directors of The Society Of The Astral Star, Inc., shall consist of all members of the Cardinal Advocacy of The Executive Council of the Society. There are currently three (3) members of the Order that hold the title of a Cardinal Archon. These persons are:
1) GHFr. Pneuma Asteros: Society President, Supreme Cardinal Archon; Chief Adept and Imperator, of the initiated seventh (8th) Degree of The Order (7=4); and an ordained Cardinal and Arch Bishop of the Order, residing in Georgetown, KY.
2) GHSr. Alethia Asteros: Society Vice-President, Senior Exalted Cardinal Archon; Second Adept and Praemonstria, of the initiated sixth (7th) Degree of The Order (6=5); and an ordained Cardinal and Arch Bishop, residing in Georgetown, KY [***Note: Now Plymouth, MI]
3) GHFr. Thelema Asteros: Society Chancellor, Junior Exalted Cardinal Archon and Third Adept, The Cancellarius, of the initiated sixth (6th) Degree of The Order (5=6); and an ordained Cardinal and Arch Bishop, residing in Columbus, OH [***Note: Now London, OH].
SECTION 10: [LAWS OF THE ORDER]The Laws of the Society Of The Astral Star (OAB) shall consist of::
1) The Constitution;
2) Subsequent Amendments to the Constitution;
3) The General Order Administrative Regulations, commonly known as GOARs, including the By-Laws of the General Order;
4) The lawful ecclesiastical fiats of the Society's Command, either of the General Synod, or The Executive Council, or committee's representing those bodies; or Officers of the General Order via written mandate;
5) The lawful ecclesiastical fiats of the Society's Episcopacy via written mandate from a reigning Primate to his/her State, Commonwealth, or Territorial See;
6) The lawful ecclesiastical fiats of the Society's Episcopacy via written mandate from a reigning Prelate or Vicar to his/her Regional or District See;
7) Official, lawful directives from High Councils and Local Councils to their members;
8) The Rituals of initiation into the various degrees of knowledge of the Society Of The Astral Star;
9) The Mass of Divine Service of The Society of the Astral Star;
10) Other Sacramental rites of the Society;
11) Any other ordinance or regulation passed by a Chartered Stellar Temple (S.T.) or Colonial Lodge (C.L.) for that collective group that is not in conflict with any portion of the Constitution or other specific Mandate from higher authority and further, is not in violation of the law of the land be it local, state, or general.
SECTION 11: [CONSTITUTION IS SUPREME LAW OF THE ORDER]Let it be established that the Constitution, with subsequent Amendments shall serve as the Supreme Law for The Society Of The Astral Star, Inc. Constitutional Law shall be applicable to all members, regardless of Executive Office, Ecclesiastical Title of Ordination, or Initiated Degree or Grade.Let it be established that the Constitution, with subsequent Amendments shall serve as the Supreme Law for The Society Of The Astral Star, Inc. Constitutional Law shall be applicable to all members, regardless of Executive Office, Ecclesiastical Title of Ordination, or Initiated Degree or Grade.
SECTION 12: [FISCAL YEAR]The fiscal year of the Society shall begin on January first and end on December thirty-first of each calendar year.
SECTION 13: [ARTICLE OF INCORPORATION - ARTICLE I]This Article of Incorporation shall serve as the first Article (Article I), of the Constitution for the Society Of The Astral Star, Inc.
SECTION 14: [CONSTITUTIONAL STRUCTURE]Henceforth, in order to provide a uniform structure for administrative purposes, the Constitution shall be organized into Articles, Sections, Paragraphs, and Statements, and Clauses.
SECTION 15: [INCORPORATION EFFECTIVE DATE AND TIME]The effective date and time of incorporation for this corporation, "THE SOCIETY OF THE ASTRAL STAR, INC.," shall officially take effect at 9:41 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, on the twentieth day of March, 1993; The exact time of the Vernal Equinox.
SECTION 16: [INITIAL INCORPORATOR; NAME, ADDRESS, SIGNATURE]
I, The Undersigned, for the purpose of forming a non-profit, non-stock, corporation under the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, do make, file, and record this Article of Incorporation, and do certify that the facts herein stated are true; and I have accordingly set my hand.
Dated on Tue., the 16th day of March, 1993. Signed by GHFr. Pneuma Asteros, Chief Adept, Imperator, & President; Society of The Astral Star, Inc.
<--- GoTo Preamble / finis - 'Article I' / GoTo 'Article II' --->
GOTO the Top of THIS Page.
GOTO the OAB CONSTITUTION.
DOWNLOAD OAB CONSTITUTION:
The Text for the complete Constitution of The Society of The Astral Star (in the outer), being the Order of The Star of Bethlehem (in the inner), as a downloadable .pdf file.
GOTO CRUX MYSTICA Page.
GOTO the Astral Star HOME Page.
GOTO the OAB MEMBERS Page.
Society Of The Astral Star, Inc. / P.O. Box 1482 / Georgetown / KY / 40324
İ1993-2017; The Order Of The Star Of Bethlehem.
OAB Constitution Art. 1 Pg. has received hits!
For questions or comments regarding this site contact the Web Staff.